Monday, March 20, 2017

God Bless America

When I seen this adorable little girl sitting and waiting for a parade, I thought of all the parades I attended as a young girl, and all the Memorial Day Parades I sat and waited to see my kids parade down the street with the high school marching band. My mind started thinking about how I could use a lot of patriotic papers, and the letters for our country. So without further ado here is "Waiting for the Parade" by Maurie J. Manning of Mo's Digital Pencil.


I printed the image out onto Neenah Solar White Card Stock, then I colored it with my Copic markers, giving her a sidewalk curb to sit on.  Then I cut my card stock and pattern papers (from Our Dailey Bread) to create an easel card.


The flowers are paper flowers that I had in my stash.  The stars are cut from MFT's Die-namics Stitched Stars Stacks which I distressed with some blue ink.


I cut the U S A with my Brother Scan N Cut 350, first layer from a solid blue and the top layer from a piece of the pattern paper.

I layered the card with several different layers of papers, cheese cloth and other embellishments.



I adhered a piece of lace on the inside of the card with the sentiment "God Bless America" from Impression Obsession with foam mounting tape and that was it.

I hope you enjoy and thanks for stopping by.

I have entered my card in the following challenges:

Crafty Creations - Anything Goes

Crafty-Girl-Creations -Anything Goes

Crafting With An Attitude - Anything Goes

Simply Paper Crafts for All Occasions - Anything Goes

Bronte & Bella's Challenge - Anything Goes

7 Kids Crafting Supply Store Challenge - Anything Goes




4 comments:

  1. Such a sweet picture. Great card
    Thank you for sharing with us on CWAA, I hope to see you again soon.
    Hugs,
    BożenA DT CWAA

    ReplyDelete
  2. absolutely precious! thanks for entering the challenge at 7 Kids Your Crafting Supply Store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card Kathy! Beautiful colors and design! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the win! I love this one!

    ReplyDelete